Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fulfilling The Reason Why We Are Here

Fulfilling The Reason Why We Are Here

A person who is serious about fulfilling the reason why they have been placed on earth will learn to view all of life through the grid of God’s intentions. That worldview will then impact their decisions. Even if you have made mistakes in the past, God can still use you right where you are. It is never too late for God to lead you to your calling.
—Tony Evans in God's Unlikely Path to Success

Am I the only one who forgets that there's a reason for being here or forgets what the true reason is for being here?

Sometimes my view, of what's going on in life, gets so narrow and incorrectly focused.  I tend to zero in on annoyances/frustrations with my hubby (instead of being the godly wife that I'm called to be),  I focus on what I've been unable to do due to having an infant (such as house chores, going to bed when I want to, and keeping up with things that need to get done) instead of having a godly attitude that a mother should have, and I still get caught up in handling things in an ungodly manner...yet, I truly do want to fulfill the reason why I am here...and, I know that God has called me to be a godly woman, wife, and mother.  It's a blessing to know that God can still use me despite all of my past mess-ups.  Today's a new day and another chance to be the woman that God has called me to be and to fulfill the reason why I am here.

Dear Lord,
Please be with every woman who calls you Lord of their life and help us to remain serious about  fulfilling the reason why we are here.
In Jesus name,
Your servants


2 comments:

  1. I was praying about this a couple of weeks ago and then in my Blackaby devotional came across this...Making a Difference
    Daily Devotional for Friday, January 3rd, 2014

    But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies. Daniel 1:8

    Would you dare to believe that God, who called you to Himself and equipped you with His Spirit, could work mightily through you? Have you made the connection between the time and place in which you live and God’s call upon you? World events never catch God by surprise. He placed you precisely where you are for a purpose. Daniel did not let the temptations of his day interfere with his relationship to the Lord. He knew that to make his life useful to God he must be obedient in all things. Regardless of what the most powerful king in the world commanded, Daniel refused to compromise what he knew God required of him. History is replete with examples of Christian men and women who believed that God would work through them to make a significant difference for His kingdom. God placed Esther strategically in the king’s court at a crucial time when she could save the lives of God’s people (Esther 4:14). God placed Joseph strategically to become the most powerful adviser to the pharaoh in Egypt and to save Jacob and his family from a devastating drought (Gen. 41:39-40). Are you allowing your surroundings to determine how you invest your life? Or are you letting God use you to make a difference in your generation? Ask God to reveal His purposes for you and His will for your life today.

    ...it ties in with your resolution to make an impact too. I love that we're both working on this at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, you're such a blessing and you've blessed me with this devotional...thank you so much for sharing it...I'm going to post it right now. Praying for you and your desire/efforts to fulfill the reason why you are here, too. Sending love across the miles.

    ReplyDelete