Monday, July 22, 2013

Jumping to Conclusions and Assumptions

"To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions."
Benjamin Franklin 
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/conclusions.html#g1irbv6csOf28l5X.99 


I saw this quote on many websites so I'm hoping that it's a real quote by Benjamin Franklin.

I was just thinking this morning about how I jump to conclusions, and make assumptions, (subconsciously and consciously) probably more than I even realize.  This isn't fair to the people/party involved in these conclusions and assumptions.  And, most importantly it isn't Christian of me, it's not loving, and it's not biblical.  

I used to jump to conclusions and make assumptions way more often in the past than I do now, so I'm grateful that I've had a change in behavior/thinking, and I still rely on God to give me more of a godly view and godly thoughts.  Conclusions and assumptions can definitely come from the devil and the world, so I definitely do not want to entertain any of that or let it take over my thoughts.  Therefore, I need to continue to make a conscious effort to think the way that God would have me to think and do what God would have me to do.  I also should talk with the person/people (if possible) that I have conclusions and assumptions about and possibly find out the real story or even get to know them better.  

The thoughts above are mostly directed at negative conclusions and assumptions, but there are also conclusions and assumptions that may seem positive but they may still be untrue.  I guess it makes me realize that I should get to know people better and that I need to be more Christ-centered.  I pray that God continues to work in my heart, thought process, and life so that I can be the woman that He created me to be.

I ran out of time so I'm going to have to end it here...just wanted to share a few of my thoughts about "thoughts."  Praying that you're having more godly thoughts in your days, too!  God Bless!     

2 comments:

  1. This is an ongoing prayer of mine! I hate how easy it is to jump to conclusions about people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty! It's a relief to know that I'm not the only one who does it (but doesn't want to) and that we're wanting God to help us with the issue.

    ReplyDelete