I'm a big fan of Keith & Kristyn Getty's songs (a friend from church, Anna, introduced me to their music) and I received info. about their song, "My Heart Is Filled With Thankfulness," in an email this morning (I subscribed to the Getty's website)...so, I thought you'd also enjoy hearing this song (YouTube video below).
This song talks about being thankful for the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross...it also makes me think of how thankful I am for those who sacrificed a lot in the past and continue to do so as they defend our country...thank you, veterans, of all branches of the military and Happy Veterans Day!
Isaiah 53:5
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Footnotes:
- Isaiah 53:5 Or wounded
- Isaiah 53:5 Or peace
1 Peter 2:24
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 and He Himself [a]bore our sins in His body on the [b]cross, so that we might die to [c]sin and live to righteousness; for by His [d]wounds you were healed.
Footnotes:
- 1 Peter 2:24 Or carried...up to the cross
- 1 Peter 2:24 Lit wood
- 1 Peter 2:24 Lit sins
- 1 Peter 2:24 Lit wound; or welt
www.biblegateway.com Verse of the Day
If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve theLord.” Joshua 24:15 NASB
No comments:
Post a Comment