Definition of "faithfulness" from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
adherence to something to which one is bound by a pledge or duty
When I think of faithfulness, I think of keeping God as #1 in life, because if He is in that #1 spot (in the driver's seat), then remaining faithful to Him should be the result. And, from there faithfulness to others and to our "mission" is also a result because we will be focused on Him and doing His work instead of being unfaithful to Him and His calling in our lives. So, people will see our faithfulness and know of our faithfulness when we are faithful...and, that faithfulness could really impact others in ways that we may or may not know about.
When I think of how to be faithful, this verse came to mind because of the focus that we have...
Matthew 6:33
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Footnotes:
- Matthew 6:33 Or continually seek
- Matthew 6:33 Or the kingdom
- Matthew 6:33 Or provided
- Matthew 6:33 Or continually seek
- Matthew 6:33 Or the kingdom
- Matthew 6:33 Or provided
Noah
Joshua
Enoch
Elijah
Ezekiel
It's great to know that God doesn't expect us to be perfect, but due to examples of faithful people in the Bible we're taught that it is still possible to be faithful despite our human natures.
And, as faithful followers we are to do this...
Verse of the Day on www.biblegateway.com:
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20 NASB

No comments:
Post a Comment