Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cleansing of the Heart

Last night when I was thinking of blogging, a topic came to mind...cleansing.  I was thinking about how the cleansing of the body is very popular in this life, however cleansing of the heart isn't mentioned too often.  I'm reminded of the Bible verse:

Psalm 51:10

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 Create [a]in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew [b]a steadfast spirit within me.




Water came to mind as a method of cleansing and it also came to mind because I'm a huge fan of water...drinking it, bathing/showering, swimming, listening to waves crashing, looking at it, etc.  (Water tends to provide a calming effect to me.)

There are times when I feel like I slip back into my "old ways" and I continue to rely on God to clean out the bad, wicked, and ugly stuff in my heart and fill me with what is of Him and from Him.

"Create in me a clean heart" song...



The heart isn't the only thing that needs cleansed...the mind could definitely use a cleansing, too.

BibleGateway.com Verse of the Day:
[ Dedicated Service ] Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. Romans 12:1 NASB

1 comment: