Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Making the Most of Our Time Here

www.BibleGateway.com Verse of the Day:
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB

There are many times in my life where I've been caught up in drama, or in the wrong crowd, I've allowed myself to focus on things that don't matter, and I've put off doing things that I should have done.  I could go on and on with that list.  Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that life is short, we are here for a reason and a purpose, and we need to make the most of the time we're given.  Tomorrow is not guaranteed and I believe that if we live according to God's will for our lives then we won't have any regrets.

I came across a few words in my Bible reading the other day that really hit home and gave me motivation to make the most of my time here...
"...be courageous and act." (found at the end of Ezra 10:4)

And, this verse came to mind as well...

James 4:14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 [a]Yet you do not know [b]what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Footnotes:

  1. James 4:14 Lit Who do not
  2. James 4:14 Or what will happen tomorrow. What kind of life is yours?

I'm praying that we all make the most of our time here while we are here.

"One Life to Love" by 33 Miles  


1 comment: