Monday, October 28, 2013

~Going With The Flow~

I don't know about you all, but I'm not usually the one who goes with the flow easily and I was rarely able to truly be flexible with ease.  The Marine Corps motto for spouses, "Semper Gumby" (Always Flexible), was something that I tried to follow, but in my own strength I couldn't do it because I always felt like I had to have control of everything (even though I rarely had everything under control) and any big or little changes to what I had planned wouldn't be taken lightly.  What about you ladies?  Do you go with the flow easily?

God has really helped turn all of that around for me.  I've been praying and asking for Him to be my Guide, my Leader, and I've been realizing that whatever He allows to happen in my days and nights then it's what He would have for me at that time.  It may not be what I had planned, and more than likely it won't be what I anticipate to happen during my day or night, so I've done way better at going with the flow and going with what He sends my way.  I'm never going to have everything under control and I'm never going to be in control of everything so I might as well go with the flow and allow God to take over.  He will tell me to "plan" something if He wants me to and He will change my plans if He wants to.  I continue to pray that God helps me give everything over to Him and that I stop trying to take control...I just need to trust Him (He knows what's best, always).

I'm reminded of this Bible verses:

Proverbs 3:5-6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment