Monday, August 5, 2013

Likin' The Lyrics Monday: Kirk Franklin "Give Me"

I like this song for several reasons...the beat, the lyrics, the singer really seems to be a man of God, and I like how it speaks about things such as keeping God as #1, etc.

Give me that joy I can't explainAnd extra peace that'll ease my painHope and love that'll never changeGive me that, give me thatGive me that, give me that
Give me that power to walk awayWhen another god wants to take Your placeAs much of You as I can takeGive me that, give me that
Anybody ready, ready for His gloryIf you are sick of the life, let me tell you a storyEvery place that's dark, He will bring it to lightHypocritical hearts, back sliders, liars, time to get it right
See, I include myself, I cast my own stoneI'm the man in the mirror, y'all, I can see my roleBut I'm here by grace, through Christ, by faithI had to make that choice, I had to open up my mouth and say
Give me that joy I can't explainAnd extra peace that'll ease my painHope and love that'll never changeGive me that, give me thatGive me that, give me that
Give me that power to walk awayWhen another god wants to take Your placeAs much of You as I can takeGive me that, give me that
Anybody tired? You want the show to end?Get the actors on stage and let church beginDo you want a revolution? You wanna hear new songs?God is cleaning up house and first He's started right at home
No more miracle water, brought close for money and fameEverybody got a title but do you know your name?If we humble ourselves, people, fall on our faceAnd ask God everything in me that's not right, take it away
Give me that joy that I can't explainAnd extra peace that'll ease my painI want that love that'll never changeGive me that, give me thatGive me that, give me that
Oh, I want the power to walk awayWhen another god wants to take Your placeAs much of You, Lord, as I can takeGive me that, give me that
Yeah, give me that joy that I can't explainAnd extra peace that'll ease my painI want that love that'll never changeGive me that, give me thatGive me that, give me that
Give me the power to walk awayWhen another god wants to take Your placeAs much of You as I can takeGive me that, give me that
And I choose You today 'cause I need You todayI can't get away, see, there's no escapeSee what You've done to me, I'm not the same old meYou took away everything, now You're my everything
And I choose You today 'cause I need You todayI can't get away, see, there's no escapeSee what You've done to me, I'm not the same old meYou took away everything, now You're my everything
Give me that GodWho breathes life into the nostrils of manAnd Sovereign GodWho predestined creation before time began
I want that God who in brillianceAnd elegance decorated darkness with starsThe God who orchestrates the futureAt the same time He knows where you are
Give me that God who's supplants my needs'Cause He owns all the cattles on the hillAnd he's the God who wipes my tearsAnd provides enough to pay all my bills
And give me that God, that's the God I'm talkin' 'boutGive me that God, that's the God I'm talkin' 'boutGive me that, give me that, give me that, ooh
Give me that joy I can't explainAnd extra peace that'll ease my painHope and love that'll never changeGive me that, you sayGive me that, we say
Give me that power to walk awayWhen another god wants to take Your placeAs much of You as I can takeGive me that, give me thatGive me that, all of that

No comments:

Post a Comment