Hey gals,
I went to a MOPS group today here in our area. (No, I don't have some kind of secret love for the mops that clean the floor and I most certainly did not go to a group that is centered around those household items.) If you haven't heard of MOPS, it stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and they have a website with information along with a group locator (these groups are all over the country). http://www.mops.org/
You don't have to have a "preschooler" to be welcomed by the group. Women who have babies and/or are expecting with their first child can also attend the group. It's a way for moms (of all ages) to get together with other moms and basically fellowship (it is has a Christian foundation to it) as well as chat, form friendships, help each other out in need, etc.
There are actually many MOPS groups in my area because of how big our city (and the surrounding area) is. The group that I attended today meets during the school year, about once or twice per month for a couple hours per session, and the meetings are usually held at a local church. There's typically a guest speaker, food/meals, and occasionally there's a craft. The kids play together and the moms have a kid-free experience at these meetings because there's someone available to watch the kids. There's a fee for the group and for the "babysitting."
I'm not sure if I'll join the group because I have a great support group with a spouse's group of Rusty's squadron here on base and I keep plenty busy with tons of things, however I wanted to share the information with you all just in case someone is looking for a group like this (or in case you know someone who is).
Hope you're having a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment