I tried to find the song meaning to this song "Return" by NeedtoBreathe (lyrics and YouTube video below) but I was unsuccessful. And, the video isn't great but at least it contains the the actual song (if you're interested in listening to it).
The lyrics "Return to me" reminded me of God saying this to His people in verses such as:
Jeremiah 17:5
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 Thus says the Lord,
“Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
And makes flesh his [a]strength,
And whose heart turns away from the Lord.
“Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
And makes flesh his [a]strength,
And whose heart turns away from the Lord.
Joel 2:12
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 “Yet even now,” declares the Lord,
“Return to Me with all your heart,
“Return to Me with all your heart,
And with fasting, weeping and mourning;
And, the lyrics "I'm giving you my heart to break again" make me think about the things that I value and hold dear (that end up being an "idol" and placed above God in my life) as well as the things that I become "numb" to and need God to work in my heart.
Jeremiah 17:9-10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Footnotes:
- Jeremiah 17:10 Lit kidneys
- Jeremiah 17:10 Lit fruit
Psalm 51:10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Footnotes:
- Psalm 51:10 Lit for
- Psalm 51:10 Or an upright
NeedtoBreath "Return" Song Lyrics & YouTube Video:
Its hard enough to know
That somethings made us not the same
Did I give all I could give
Or spend all I could spend in vain
That somethings made us not the same
Did I give all I could give
Or spend all I could spend in vain
We were holding on the line
Waiting for the sun to rise
But we could not believe
The sunlight never crossed our eyes
Waiting for the sun to rise
But we could not believe
The sunlight never crossed our eyes
I'm giving you my heart to break again
Oh I'm leaving you a way to get back in
Oh I'm leaving you a way to get back in
Return to me
We were holding on the line
Waiting for the sun to rise
But we could not believe
The sunlight never crossed our eyes
Waiting for the sun to rise
But we could not believe
The sunlight never crossed our eyes
I'm giving you my heart to break again
Oh I'm leaving you a way to get back in
Oh I'm leaving you a way to get back in
Return to me
Every heart goes down and every fire goes out
When we don't hurt anymore
I know its all my fault that you're behind this wall
But Ill be here when you break it.
When you let it down.
When we don't hurt anymore
I know its all my fault that you're behind this wall
But Ill be here when you break it.
When you let it down.
Return to me
I'm giving you my heart to break again
Read more: Needtobreathe - Return Lyrics | MetroLyrics
No comments:
Post a Comment