Thursday, August 15, 2013

Verse of the Day (Romans 14:8) & more from Jeremiah (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Today's "Verse of the Day" from www.biblegateway.com is:

for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. Romans 14:8 NASB

This verse has such PURPOSE for our lives...He put us here, we are here for Him, we belong to Him, and we are to live/die for Him.

And, yesterday's Bible reading (Jeremiah 26-29) reminded me of a few verses that I really enjoy hearing/reading:

Jeremiah 29:11-13

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
11 For I know the plans that I [a]have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

Footnotes:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11 Lit am planning
It's so awesome to know that God has plans for us.  There are so many times when I focus on my own plans.  I am trying to be more receptive and open to His plans; and, I know that when I follow His plans for me then I will be successful and obedient no matter what the outcome may be.  

I also need to call upon Him, go to Him, and pray to Him more often.  It's comforting to know that he will listen.  I need to make sure to call/go/pray to Him at all times, not just when I am in a time of need.  

What is currently in my heart?  Am I searching for Him with all of my heart?  I think I need to do some examining, reflecting, and "housecleaning" in the heart...time to get rid of the junk that has set up residence within.

What about you ladies?  What do these verses say to you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment